Saturday, April 29, 2006

..Taking A Field Trip







Yeah I know, I should've updated long time ago.. But I haven't been feeling well, I had an upset stomach!! And I still don't know what from! It wasn't something I ate lol.. It wasn't anything else, I told a few that I'd be seeing the doctor.. Well, I didn't, simply because two days later, the pain just went away.. I know it's not "right" to "sleep" on pain.. But I'm not really fond of clinics, doctors and most of all MEDICATION! ugh.. Anyway, I'm fine now, Hamdulilah..
And y'all have been wanting an update! Popular Demand, eh? :p Well, here you go, though not much has been going on really..

Today, I went to Mutrah Suq, with my friend Sarah. She wanted to buy some "Omani souvenirs" before going back to Egypt (she works there). It was a lovely evening.
To be honest, In all my life, I think I've only been to that part of Oman a few times... It's such a shame though, I mean the whole "Corneish"(By the sea) is just lovely! After today, I think I'm in an "exploring mood".. I think I should actually explore Oman, since I'm here and up to nothing! I mean I would love to go to Nizwa for starters! :D

As a child in school, I remember how excited I'd be, learning that we had a field trip during the week. Which meant ofcourse a break from schoolwork and an adventure with friends! Yeeeah!! :D Now as an adult, I suppose taking a field trip could be just as fun and memorable!!

You see, allowing yourself to get stuck in your routine can make life seem boring. Adding a touch of variety to your life in the form of a field trip can break up the monotony of your days and lead you to adventure. Unlike the jaunts that were regulated by teachers or monitored by parents *groan*, taking a field trip as an adult can lead you anywhere you want. It can be an opportunity to explore a new landscape or discover something about myself. Taking a day trip to another town or visiting an unfamiliar spot in your neighborhood can be educational and fun!! Tons of fun with my love for photography now! Aaaah! That IS the life! Now all I need is wheels! :( Oh, about that.. Cross your fingers people ! I'm getting my driver's liscence NEXT MONTH! Wooohooo!

Now, about that field trip.. Would anyone want to go with me? LOL.. Planning it would actually be so much fun! :D Hehe.. I'm sure we all need a change of scenary!!
--------------------------------
P.S: If any one can teach me how to "upload" these photos in a different, a neater way, please tell me! It messes up the post! lol..
Yeah, I've taken these photos a few months back, on my only trip to the interior Oman since I came back from Jordan. (From above: Jebal Shams - Wadi Ghoul greens -Wadi Ghoul huts - Al Hamra)

9 comments:

Lym said...

Fine, I'm obliged to comment now!


All I've to say, is wait till July ;)

Randall said...

Beautiful picture's...:)
I use google's picasa program,it works well and is really easy to learn.
Glad to hear that your feeling better!
I don't like to see the doctor's either.

Blind Melon said...

Thanks Pirate! Yeah, pics are lovely! There's more where that came from though! ;) You know, you should consider paying us a visit! Come to Oman! You and WenchieLostElf, you'll have a blast! :D

Randall said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Randall said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Randall said...

What I really want to do is pay off all my debt,Build me a Chopper and take me a year or two vacation.

I want to start in Spain and go across to Bejing.I want to spend most of my time in the Middle East and Lebanon.

I would love to see Oman,UAE.
Do they have helmet laws?Most states here make you wear a helmet.

Maybe one of these days I can cruise the desert's..;)

I can see me going to Mecca,or Israel on my chopper.You think they will accept me?

wow I kant spell tonight had to delete twice.

Blind Melon said...

Quote"e"wow I kant spell tonight had to delete twice."

%D You can say that again! Haha!
Umm..Lemmi check about helmet laws.. probably not though. And owning choppers here is easier than say in.. Jordan or that territory.. I don't know how it is in Liban though. I'll ask about it for you.

Randall said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Randall said...

Thanks..
I wouldn't want to go to jail..:(

A friend of mine went to jail in Egypt only after a few days...lol.
He said it was rough.

I did it again...lol.
pirates kant spell.