Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Famous People



Quoting myself from my second post :

"Meet someone famous before they become famous!"

I think I can cross that out now! :D Wanna know why? yes! I have a famous friend! A guy I went to school with. Hani Mitwasi actually has a video clip showing on Melody Hits TV.

I could not believe my eyes! Hani has always been the school talent.. Playing his guitar away and singing at school ceremonies.. Went to business school with me, then decided it was just *not* his thing.. So he dropped out and joined the Music Academy- Jordan.

Arabic music is just not my cup of tea.. The most "arabic" I've listened to was "Amr Diab".. Anyway, the point is, I watched the video and thought "Why Hani you son of a gun!"..
The channel actually "adopted" him, just like they help launch all the other newbies. With a producer and "friends" in the business.. He made it.

Ok..I didn't really like the song very much , lol, or the video! hehe..I'm sorry but it's just not my style.. I'm just overwhelmed and happy that Hani is actually on TV and can be found on the internet!! :D Not bad for a beginner and I know he could do better in the future!

For those who have extra time to spare and are curious, This is the only way to see it so far:

- Go to www.melodyhits.tv
- It's somewhat of a hassle, but you have to create an account. Simple ,takes a few seconds.
- Click video on the main toolbar, and search for videos "artists".
- H for Hani Mitwasi - Wayyak --> The song's name! :D

3 comments:

NiGhTFaCe said...

For the big number of these appear in video's trying to say I can sing, I wouldnt really say he is famous.

Blind Melon said...

I know..I know.. Almost every one can "become" famous and appear on TV..but they're really talentless and tasteless.. Hani though, is talented.. I'm not sure he chose tha right way to become famous though.. I wish he'd chosen other than this "typical" way. As now he is among the 9,34234,34234 "new launched stars" lol..

NiGhTFaCe said...

The Arabic music is going down, I wouldnt clap!