Monday, April 03, 2006

Listening To The Void..

All sounds, from a whisper to a classical symphony, arise out of silence and disappear into silence. Silence is the void where we can hear the many sounds that we often ignore - the voice of our intuition telling us the truth, the sound of the breeze blowing, the hum of the radiator, and the noises we make just because we are alive.

One way to experience silence is to wake up before the rest of the world has come alive. I've started praying again only recently.. Waking up before everyone made me experience "silence". After prayer, it's rather difficult to fall back to sleep. So I try not to move into activity, and leave off the lights, and stay in bed (more like sit in bed).. Forget about turning on the television.
I'd sit still and simply listen. It's weird hearing your own heartbeat and breathing.. What's weirder is the silence surrounding me. Alot of you people should do this too! Just stay this way for as long as you can, and allow the sound of silence to penetrate your body until it moves into your core. Feel the gentle, pulsing waves of silence and allow it to cleanse you. Five minutes of communing with silence can leave you feeling vibrant and connected to the universe...!

You have no idea how "refreshed" you'd feel after sitting still and sort of "meditating" first thing in the morning.. Your day would go on easier without you getting that annoying feeling of pressure or confusion...Take it from me! :)

4 comments:

illogicist said...

I loved that post, i've done it once or twice. Theres just peace, tranquillity...its too quickly forgotten once the hustle and bustle begins.

Welcome to the world of blogging btw :)

Anonymous said...

I'm usually awake all night, so I do get to sit in silence at some point. I can't stand silence for too long though. Music has to be playing in the background, no matter what I'm doing.

Lym said...

I've never really done that. To me, it sounds kinda weird just trying to listen to silence...I'll try but I am not very spiritual-mind you!

Though I can tell you when I study, I can hear the silence saying "Kill me!" actually, it's the voices in my head telling someone to kill me and spare me the headache of studying.

TripleTee said...

interesting blog and nice post BM :p...