Thursday, May 04, 2006

TOOL - "10,000 Days" OUT NOW!


TOOL'S ALBUM "10,000 DAYS" was released YESTERDAY!!!! I downloaded the album but I am still really excited about purchasing it. Go get yourself a copy!

Like most progressive rock and heavy metal-- hell, maybe most popular music in general-- suspension of disbelief is key with Tool. Taken at face value, with their song suites, meat puppet videos, and histrionic singer, they're pretty goofy.

I'd like to think of TOOL as the Radiohead of nü-metal. Tool didn't release an album between 1996 and 2001. They missed nü-metal's entire rise and fall, an era of whiteboy dreads, bonsai facial hair, funk bass poppin', and constipated balladry. And much like Radiohead when they dropped the Kid A/Amnesiac doubleshot, Tool released Lateralus early in this decade to radio silence and huge numbers. Five years later, they return with "10,000 Days"! Listening to this album, you get the sinking feeling that Tool have made an art-rock, rather than art-metal, album. And yes, the difference is considerable.

As for lyrics.. Well, the usual mix of drug references, conspiracy theories, tortured declarations of vague emotional trauma, and general doom-mongering..

Tool have made an...A Perfect Circle record. For those who don't know, Tool's vocalist Maynard James Keenan has been a member of Tool since 1990 and A Perfect Circle since 1999.

This album is a cool! You either Love it or Hate it... Clicking on the title will take you to another blog about Tool.


Rating: 8/10

Tracks:

1- Vicarious
2- Jambi
3- Winge For Marie (Pt.1)
4- 10,000 Days (Wings Pt.2 )
5- The Pot
6- Lipan Conjuring
7- Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)
8- Roseta Stoned
9- Intension
10- Right in Two
11- Viginti Tres

Samples 4 U : (I suck with this uploading business - My friend Nabs is still showing me the way! :D)

http://rapidshare.de/files/19129090/04_-Tool_-_10_000_Days-_WINGS_FOR_MARIE__PT_2_.mp3.html

7 comments:

Unknown said...

lol..err..you actually like this stuff?

well its not bad but not really my cup of tea. Too little vocals for a non-soundtrack song.

Randall said...

Kewl..
Good rythm with some double bass drums,hi hats and cymbals,not to heavy.Love their video's,Definitely in a league of their own.
That's what makes a good band though,ur own style..;)

Lym said...

I don't like this genre of music.

TI3GIB said...

Noooo !! This you will ALL appreciate, this is good .. I mean real good

Melon, I've had the album for quite sometime now, and this is just too good ...

BTW Lovin' your blog ...

Blind Melon said...

I know they don't like it.. :(
tsk tsk .. Simple minded..But whatchu gonna do! :p Hehe..
Well I appreciate it! Thanks Alot Ti3gib and great having you around my blog! :D

Anonymous said...

thanx to a friend i listened to (wings for marie part 2) i totally loved it.i think i will downlaod the whole album.oh and nice blog BM :)

muscati said...

Hey, first time on your blog. Great to see a female Tool fan here in Oh-Man.

I was too excited about this new Tool album to wait for it to get to Oman God knows when so I broke my usual "no downloading" policy. Excellent album, I'm totally loving it. I don't quite agree with you that it's more of A Perfect Circle album. I think it's pure Tool. I've been hooked to their sound ever since I heard the first bass chords from Sober when that song first came out back in 1993. My level of interest dipped a little with Aenima in 1996. But with Lateralus I was totally back on board.

I wish they were more prolific or at least go into one period of super experimental creativity like Radiohead did with Kid A/Amnesiac. Heck if even a huge band like U2 can take risks like that with Zooropa and The Passengers... oh well..