Wednesday, June 14, 2006

A Job?? :D "Break a Leg!!" ..No really..

Y'all want an update.. ja ja? Okay.. I have JUST sent the longest email to my friends all over telling them what happened .. I haven't spoken to them in such a while.. So..instead of writing it down again here, I'll just copy/paste! Enjoy!!

Warning: LONG POST!
----------------------------------------------

"Now.. A big change has occured! I smsed most of you but decided I should tell everyone in details what is up! I'm getting married! :D ..Mmm.. haha! Bah!

Not really no.. *roll eyes* I have finally started working!! Yes.. me .. 'D' (the mushroom girl)with a job finally after all this time! :D You have no idea how .. comforting and releaving this is.. I stopped caring what kind of job it was, I just wanted anything! No More useless bum for meee!

But in this case here's what happened...

I was out with some girls, got introduced to one of them, who worked at the Ministry Of Tourism, and out of the blue she was like "Oh are you looking for a job?" .. err yeah! " cause there is this guy who has opened a new company here, and he's recruiting..".. So I give her my email and number.. and that was it.. it slipped my mind..

A week later, they called me! And I had an interview last Saturday.. So since I'm a chicken shit and pretty much timid when it comes to interviews.. I was a nervous wreck as usual.. But.. the moment I walked in that office, everything just went away! Which is weird.. And it was an hour long, I chatted away as if I've known these people all my life! I was just VERY comfortable!
And so were they.. and so.. it was a deal! :p I was hired.. They liked me! yay!

"So when can you start?".. "I can be here tomorrow!" .. lol.. talk about being enthusiastic.. lol.. And so I went to work the next day! ;)

So about the company basically, as I might have already told some of you, it's called Promo Oman , a Lebanese Omani company with Lebanese management. As the name implies they.. er.. "we" promote Oman as the premier tourist destination in the GCC countries and internationally. We promote the country by creating specific tourism products, managing and developing touristic sites in addition to events and campaigns!

This company is affilated with the company back in Lebanon (Promo Liban) who were responsible for alot of things we used to see on TV like the "new identity" for Lebanon (3eesh Lebnan) (Live Lebanon), and among other things..

Anyway.. So.. What am I? I'm an Ass. Manager! :p Assistant that is! ;)
Yep..hahaha! It's hilarious! I'm actually incharge of everything! because THE boss is a very busy man!

One of the cool projects the company is working on at the moment is "Al Hotta Cave" which is turning out to be similar to "Je'eta Cave" in Liban! Very interesting! I believe this company is a great boost for Omani tourism! And my friends.. this is by far the field I've always wanted! Fa ya3ni things cannot get any better....

Now.. you want funny news? So Sunday was my first day at work.. That evening after I got back home, I was running around the house getting my stuff together before I had to go to bed (Yes I'm trying to sleep early because I wake up at 6 am!)

My phone rang and I was on the top floor, I rushed downstairs in such a hurry that it excited my cat, and he immediately started running behind.. Little did I know he was playing "Tackle the foot" .. Next thing you know, I try to avoid stepping on him, I slip, and fall sliding on my back!!!!! :S

Shit.. I cannot move.. Ofcourse what happens to Moi in such situations???
lol..whoever thought "she cries" is also right! *rolleyes* .. but first I blacked out.. :p
One of my brothers came rushing to see what all the banging was.. Ya3ni the rest is predictable.. He gets me water..some pillows to rest my head on untill I regain consciousness.. Injuries?

I hurt my left side...my foot, my hip the back of my thigh, and my elbow ...
I couldn't walk so I was rushed to the ER for an X Ray.. Thank God.. Nothing was broken.. but I'm suffering from muscle tear in my foot.. which hurts like a bitch by the way.. My thigh and hip were just awfully bruised that it looked like someone had just kicked my ass! My elbow was bleeding and the wound was somewhere ON the joint.. I couldn't bend my arm..

"sigh".. So .. I took the second day of work.. OFF! :p Haha.. bad luck..
They were understanding though, and I had to go the next day, so they could see how I could barely walk! My foot was wrapped and my arm was all stiffed... ugh..

Now.. I still drag my foot.. my arm is fine, the blue/green/purple/yellow bruise on my thigh is just spreading but will eventually disappear.. so will the pain in my back..
Oh.. and no I don't hate my cat! :P Incase you're all wondering!

So yeah.. this is everything going on for now.. I think.. Mostly yeah.. Work is like the highlight of this week..month.. make that year!!... and so was falling off the stairs.. XD!

I now remember how much I enjoyed writting endless emails! I know some would really enjoy it, and others would take one look and go "omg..what is she ranting about!"

Oh well.. Both ways.. I miss you all ! And .. I know how some of you think that me getting a job means I will be going to Jordan soon, but think again.. I won't be able to.. I've only recently started, so I can't possibly ask for a vacation.. But if things go well.. I'll be seeing you on Christmas & New Year's! :D

Take care all.. and I really want you all, ones up north and the ones down under & not to forget the ones in the east and west, to reply.. short or long.. just tell me whats going on with you!!"

-----------------------------------------------------
So yeah.. Don't you just LOVE it when someone sends you long emails? I know I do..

8 comments:

Solidus said...

First of all, I would like to thank myself for saving your life on the stairs.
Second, I told you that the interview would be okay, see? Now you're not a lazy bum anymore, you can work and make use of yourself to out lovely community :D

Good luck with all..

Sama Oman said...

oh dear.
i loved this post. GREAT!

Mabrooooooook Alf Alf Mabrooooooook
for the job.
nice to go out and do things and put your personal touch on this world...

i'm sorry for ur injury. hope it's okay now.

Well, i loved reading ur post and i love LONG e-mails as i do that myself ;p

hope to hear more from you...maybe interesting stories during ur work....i'm sure it will be full of stories every single day :D

Share it with us ... Tamam!

See you
BYE

and

TAKE CARE !

Arabian Prince said...

:-O !
7amdillah 3al salama wo ma tshoofi shar inshaAllah!
lol @ Solidus 'thank myself for saving your life' haha

Congratulations! Really happy for you for taking up that job. It sounds like a lot of fun, probably once you start again :p
Assistant manager and being in charge of everything seems like so much responsibility, and I'm pretty sure it is! Best of luck to you with this first step in your career :)

(P.S. This is what an update is all about! ;) )

Lym said...

I sure do like receivng long emails, but that's rarely the case since they've created MSN *rolleyes*

Sometimes you need to feel pain, to know that you're alive. For pain awakens you from the bum feeling you've been experiencing for months! looool. I know I know but I'm sick and I blabber non sense nowadays. It's the exams talking :os

Salamat babes and see you soon ;)

Blind Melon said...

lol @ Solidus.. erm.. yeah..thanks bro.. O'Great one, you saved my life.. I wouldve been nothing without you.. a speck of dust.. a ..erm..hey! khalas! I already said thanks! :p

--------------------------
Sama I'm really glad you enjoy my posts and you're one of my frequent visitors! I love that! And I love reading you here! Please keep it up! Allah yibarek feeki! :D
---------------------------
AP.. Where have you been man? My shoutbox misses you! :p Or are you afraid to talk to me now after the prank you pulled? :p Thanks again!!

---------------------------
Lym baby! Yes I'll see you soon inshallah!! Erm.. Well, I know what you mean about MSN, I actually wrote that in my actualy email but left it out here because I was telling them how I don't send emails, because we chat almost everyday on MSN and I know news about Jordan more than what most of them know! :D
So yeah..

But you know.. Even if you chat everyday, I believe you can't tell them everything going on with this much detail.. You would definetly be jumping from one topic to another and trying to cover as much as possible.. when emailing.. you're doing it without being getting across what YOU have to say.. So you do it with more focus! :p

Blind Melon said...

I'm okay now thank god.. a little limping and I've noticed that my foot feels better when it's all wrapped up.. but wearing those shoes to work make wrapping my foot impossible! .. This job is just great! As AP mentioned lots of responsibility.. but then again, how will you ever know what you're capable of if you never try! ;)

I believe I'd measure up to the boss's expectations inshallah! So far so good! *thumbs up*

TripleTee said...

salamat hun and good to hear all's going well so far...
but LOOOL @ solidus for getting water and a pillow!!!!! I guess I would've called my dad to get her to the hospital without thinking... but to get water and a pillow to the stairs!! didn't cross my mind... (I just wondered what if someone walked in and saw D lying on the stairs with a pillow under her head, drinking water!)a hilarious scenario.

on the other hand I was also interested in why lebanon would want to promote Oman for tourism... but I think it's a lovely job and D found her lucky pick at last. alf mabrook indeed.
Hope all the bruises will vanish soon.

sensation said...

el hamdilah 3la salamtil :)
And congratulations for the job, alf alf mabrook! :D

Hmmm,,,, I gotta say I simply loved your extremely long post! I enjoyed reading every bit of it! I wish ppl would send me such long emails every now and then!:( It's all msn's fault! Grrrr! So yeh...

The position you are hired for sounds prestigious! ;) & I'm sure you will do just great :) All the best with that....

sensation has left the building! :XD: