Thursday, September 22, 2011

1 Heartbeat

Hello 2011, Goodbye 2011.. Hello 2012!

And that's how it is really with the years going by. Just. like. that. 
2011 started off with a bang for me..For us. We were ready for what was to come. But then, naturally, life threw us a curve ball. Dreams shattered and plans were never realized. God decided he had other plans for us. 

Everything happens for a reason they say. No one can see the logic in why certain things happen, when they do. Honestly, looking back at these past events, I still cannot pin-point or understand why. 

God said welcome to the rest of your lives. We were back at zero. So many plans simply came to a halt. 

After suffering from heartbreak and loss, one forgets how to go on living a normal life. How do you go back to being normal? You just don't. How do you move on? You just do. But as a different person. I think a part of me died that day. I do thank God for fuzzy memories in times of distress. You can never forget the day or what happened but God spares you "some" of the painful details.

When I was 11, the worst day of my life was when the teacher was going to tell my father that I'd been very rude to her.
When I was 17, the worst day of my life was missing a friend's birthday because my mom wouldn't let me go. 
When I was 20, I got splashed by a passing bus and cursed how I don't have a car. Worst day. 
When I was 22, I left the country I loved and wasn't able to go back till a few years later. The day I left was the worst day of my life, September 15, 2005

As time went on, there had been even worse days than those mentioned.
How trivial all of this seems now. 

27 April 2011 was the worst day of my life, as I became the face of loss. 
That loss has a name. Lara. I love you.

No comments: