Monday, December 31, 2007

What Was Supposed to be My End of Year Inane Ramblings 2007.....


...Has now turned to lyrics.. I had JUST typed a long note that took 30 minutes and deep thinking.. lol That doesn't normally happen.. And I lost it!


Lesson No. 1 : Always use WinWord to type anything, notes, emails, long posts.. then Copy and Paste.. You will not lose your work! (Yet, I'm still typing it here on the FB page!)fft..


Listening to this song this morning, SunScreen by Baz Luhrman triggered this feeling and the previous long-lost note.. Why? Because I remember I had first listened to it in 1997-98..on tape.. I was 15.. And it hit me that we're in 2007.. Well, right around the end.. But yeah, you know what I mean..


How time passes.. How years go by... They just run run and run.. Years don't really look over their shoulder to check if you're catching up or not..They don't care..No one actually does really.. I don't mean to depress any of you.. Some people might not feel the same way, or some might have this feeling with other events and occassions.. But, New Year's and Birthdays do this to me.. They remind me that I'm getting older. They also remind me that everyone around me is getting older as well... My dad, mom, brothers and loved ones.


It depresses me to know that it’s been 8 years since I’ve graduated from school…3 years since I have from University and have been working for a year now..


It also depresses me to know that I’ve only gained weight and not lost any the past year, which means my resolution remains unchanged (How typical!)..That I haven’t learnt a new language, I haven’t gone to the gym, I haven’t traveled much… However, I do appreciate that I wake up everyday knowing that someone cares about me and loves me.. :)


I don’t know what your 2007 most significant moments were, but I know mine was definitely meeting my other half.. As long as it’s personal, it counts.. and it’s your moment!


Happy New Year everyone! :)


Love,


D


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My favorite parts of the song’s lyrics,


Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth; oh nevermind; you will notunderstand the power and beauty of your youth until they have faded.But trust me, in 20 years you’ll look back at photos of yourself andrecall in a way you can’t grasp now how much possibility lay beforeyou and how fabulous you really looked….You’re not as fat as you imagine.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Don’t waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you’re ahead, sometimesyou’re behind…the race is long, and in the end, it’s only withyourself.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if yousucceed in doing this, and tell me how.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Keep your old love letters, throw away your old bank statements.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Don’t feel guilty if you don’t know what you want to do with yourlife…the most interesting people I know didn’t know at 22 what theywanted to do with their lives, some of the most interesting 40 yearolds I know still don’t.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Maybe you’ll marry, maybe you won’t, maybe you’ll have children, maybeyou won’t, maybe you’ll divorce at 40, maybe you’ll dance the funkychicken on your 75th wedding anniversary…what ever you do, don’t congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either – yourchoices are half chance, so are everybody else’s.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Enjoy your body,use it every way you can…don’t be afraid of it, or what other peoplethink of it, it’s the greatest instrument you’ll ever own..


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Get to know your parents; you never know when they’ll be gone for good.

Be nice to your siblings; they are the best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Understand that friends come and go,but for the precious few you should hold on.




*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle because the older you get, the more you need the people youknew when you were young.Don’t expect anyone else to support you.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



Maybe you have a trust fund,maybe you have a wealthy spouse; but you never know when either onemight run out.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



Don’t mess too much with your hair, or by the time you're 40, it will look 85.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it.

Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way offishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more thanit’s worth.

1 comment:

Castelluca said...

well, you met your other half, thats like huge! =D

Happy new year hun, inshallah 2008 will be a fantastic year for you. full of happiness and joy. ^_^