Sunday, September 03, 2006

My House, Job, Cat and the Goblet of Fire

lol...Some title this is..I think it really briefs the past 2 months (Has it been that long?)
So.. Yes, I suck, no updates, no nothing, I think Ive lost my readers.. but then again, I don't blame you! I've been extremely busy with.. all of the above mentioned in the title!
First thing is first..

Most of you already know I've moved from my house.. From Al Khuwier (we've lived there for 10 years) to guess where...? YES!! Al Khuwier.. again.. lol..Well..The better part of Al Khuweir I suppose (they call it 33)
next to the mosque and everything.. Do you have any idea what it's like to move house after 10 years? Do you have any idea the amount of JUNK one could find at their own home!! My GOD! I really hope none of you guys go through moving.. Its just too painful!

In the process, I've found some long lost CDs that have fallen behind the dresser.. A poster that was on top of the closet (all this time!), Some old photo albums, a hair clip that's surely out of style now..Not to mention lots of other CRAP that belonged to either of us just stashed away for future use (lol @ future use, not 10 years that's for sure!)
Then comes the hardest part.. throwing things away! Im not sure of many of you have this habit of putting things away, although being rubbish, but you just think "What if I need to use it later on, but won't be able to because I've thrown it away?!".. And you get confused and think "should I? shouldn't I?".. So basically, at the end of the idea, you're just moving your same junk from one house to another!! fft..
I've managed to get rid of a few stuff though.. I know I won't ever be needing them!!

During this whole time of moving, I spent most of my days at work, my poor family did most of the work! :p bwahahaha! But even there, I wasn't able to just surf away on the internet, check the English Sabla or Blog..
Then end of July.. I quit! .. Yep just like that.. Idiotic as this decision might seem, I believe it was the right thing to do.. No I didn't find another one first before quitting (as I was advised by many and was rather impossible to do) I just left.. I can tell you I'm a happier person now.. I still don't know what sort of job I'm looking for, but I can tell you what I'm NOT LOOKING FOR..is something like the job I had..Not the thing I wanted to lead.

So.. Yes, Im back to being a useless bum, at a new house, with no internet.. Reminds me of the old days..Except now I have a drivers lisence, so.. it's a bit different now.. I'm not stuck at home all the time. With no internet at home, it's making it harder to check for vacancies online, so Im following the newspapers now.. But I emailed my CV to a few people I know here, some friends back in Jordan and others elsewhere, with any luck, someone is OUGHT TO find me something somewhere!

So thats that... Oh.. right ..story of my cat. You all know Boubou the cat don't you? I've posted photos of him around sabla sometime back, if you havent caught that, then that's him in the photo above!
Bless'im my feline friend.. Boubou is short for Boupender (Yes it's an Indian name, named after my brother's friend XD) and we've had him for a year now.. He's the cutest thing ever!
BUT, during out last days at the old house, he was going through this phase of "argh! me male, me pee everywhere, me mark territory!" all because we let another cat in.
So.. My dad had decided, Boubou was not going with us!! :( I tell you, that first week was the worst ever!! I cried every night, we just left the cat there! Although he's a smart fellow, but he's not used to being outdoors all the time! So he was just sitting there, in the backyard, waiting by the kitchen door for someone to let him in!! SOB! I know that, because for everyday of that week, I visited him with cans of food..
Everyday I went half expecting not to find him, that he had finally found his way out and he just left, but the moment I call his name, he comes mewoing and runnining from the back!! :( Poor baby..
That was the most depressing week ever.. "sigh"..

The week after, my dad had to go to the old house, to pick up a few things he had left in the frontyard..So I tagged along.. He gave me this look and said "I'm sure you're not going to check on the plants..You're going to see that cat of yours!" .. I just grinned.. As we entered, Boubou was there to welcome us with the loudest meows and just being all cuddley around our feet and throwing himself on the ground and rolling over and all that!
My dad was surprised to see him still sticking around.. I fed Boubou while the others were getting whatever stuff they went to get and then it was time to go.. So uuft.. at that moment I wished I hadn't gone to see him! But then my dad being "fatherly" and all was like "Okay, you can bring him over for a visit" .. YESSSS!! but then he said.. " If he has just one accident around the house though, he's going"..
err.. I WILL MAKE SURE HE DOESNT HAVE ANY ACCIDENTS AROUND THE HOUSE! Yippeeeeee!!

So.. That solved my cat's problem.. Boubou is back to living with us, no accidents whatsoever (Thank God), as long as we don't bring in any other cats! phew! :D


Now... to the last part of that title.. You know where I got that from, right? ;) Yep.. I went through (still am) this Harry Potter frenzy! I'm a bit late, I know.. but that's the beauty of it..
Let me explain: Just like when everybody went insane over The Da Vinci Code for it was THE book to read.. People who never read a book in their lives where reading Dan Brown's novel... Except for me.. I hated following that trend.. I still haven't read the book, nor watched the movie! I'm waiting for the right time.. Same goes for Harry Potter.. I've just got the books, and have spent all last week watching the movies, all four of them, a million times each! Call me obsessed, but Im really enjoying it NOW! I love Harry Potter! And after finishing the fourth part I was exhiliarated to find out there are two more parts coming out!! Yaaay!!
"Order of The Pheonix" and "The Half Blood Prince" .. Better read those two before the movies come out (2007/2008) ! :D

I've always had something against sequels..but not in this case.. I think Harry Potter is just BRILLIANT and WICKED! Also, I've thought that most books made into movies was not such a good idea..
I do prefer the books more.. but in this case.. A magical world like that needs a magical creator like Warner Bros! lol..

So.. After reading this update..How sane do you think I am?

6 comments:

Solidus said...

HARRRRYYYY POTTTTTTERRRR!!! *KABOOOOOM!*

Lym said...

So you should go to New Zealand to check out the set of Harry Potter and maybe meet the actors who're filming now lol. This is of course when you come to Brisbane and Perth for Holidays, you can dash down to New Zealand for a few night...hmm, I might even come with you. lol

A friend was there and she loved it.

Snooky said...

I'm considering your book reccomendations, thank you. =)

Arabian Prince said...

The Melon's back on the scene!
Well it's about friggin time if you ask me! =P

Congratulations on moving into your new house, I'm glad you didn't have to abandon Boubou, I still can't see why you had to quit and go back to being a lazy bum at home, I'm not a fan of HP-anything, be it books or movies. I've only seen one movie and I don't think the books would appeal to me any more than the movie did.

Thanks for the long awaited update, now I strongly suggest that you stay away from anything that's stressing you, take a good long break, and come back again in two months for your next update =P

TripleTee said...

umm...BM...order of the phoenix and the half-blood prince have been out ages ago... I hope u find it around here now... otherwise u'll have to order... well have fun... cuz I agree..HP's the BOMB

Blind Melon said...

lol Harry Potter rocks!
Oh Tee I know the books have been out for the longest time, I was referring to the movies! :p Im a sucker for visual effects! :p
------------

I know .. Im kind of regretting quitting.. but then again.. believe me.. that job really SUCKED! :s Although Im back to being a useless bum, but well.. its still better than before.. I dont feel all that bad honestly! :p

Dunno why!..